Now What? hosted several sober living mangers, staff and owners for this training. We discussed ways to be more inclusive, the unique barriers and obstacles our transgender peers face when seeking recovery and housing, and ways we call all work together to provide safe, informed options.
Sample Code of Conduct for Sober Living Homes
1. We will treat all persons with dignity and respect.
2. We will safeguard a resident’s privacy and confidentiality.
3. We will not threaten or commit any act of physical, verbal or emotional abuse.
4. We will maintain autonomy with current and previous residents.
5. We will not engage in harassment of any kind or nature.
6. We will receive no payments, kickbacks, rebates, bonus or remunerations for resident referrals.
7. We will not discriminate based upon a person’s race, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national ancestry or economic condition.
8. We will strive for continued personal growth and self-improvement through education, training and consultation.
9. We will maintain a healthy and clean living environment.
10. We will foster an atmosphere of family living in the common areas.
11. For the safety of the home, there will be a zero tolerance for alcohol or other drug use. Alcohol and other drug screening will be used for compliance.
12. The home will have a “good neighbor policy.”
13. Each resident will attend recovery-focused meetings & have a sponsor or mentor in recovery.
Interested in bringing a training to your sober living home staff? Contact us to get that scheduled!